Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Army Life



To be perfectly honest, the Army is great, though some things can get on the nerves. I can accomplish so much, and yet, I feel I am still lacking. Physically, mentally, and spiritually, there is more for me to develop. There has been so much focus on me, I know it's time to change that focus. The barracks are irritating because it doesn't feel like home, even though the policy letter says it is supposed to. More than anything, I need to know someone who doesn't want to change me adversely. I met one of the Chaplians, and wouldn't mind hearing a sermon or two, and as an interesting side note we recieved a Jewish Chaplain earlier this year.


Don't get me wrong, I know some good people here, but they are even quieter than me. Nice guys finish last they say, and I can believe it when being around nice guys, they don't say anything. Sometimes I can see why people want to change me, at least I know I can be louder, I can be confident. There are still some things that should never change, and those are my faith, my respect, and my dignity. I believe in God regardless of what someone tells me, because there is no other answer. No one can tell me that bacteria travelling on the backs of crystals through space caused life makes more sense than an omnipresent God.


Still, I need to pray more, attend church, and puruse relationships that will aide in my faith and not detract. If it is one thing I've learned, it is to do all things as though God was watching, and I need to show appreciation for His vigilant watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment