Friday, May 13, 2011

Hearts

Nothing quite like you,
Without a reason to do,
The things I do,
To put pleasure in those eyes,
This I cannot deny,

Saved by the bell,
How quickly you fell,
Worried you'd sell,
To find an empty cell,
Would leave an open shell,

The reasons I fight might not be yours,
I take the oars,
To guide to good shores,
To save what is left,
No matter the chores.

My foray into poetry. I'll admit it's fifth grade stuff, but it is an attempt. I felt inspired today. Friday the 13th no less. Hope you all have a great weekend, and be safe.

4 comments:

  1. Son!!! Where did this come from? I think it's wonderful! Pieces of your heart shine... this is never a bad thing, no matter how expressed. I think it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are trying your hand at new things. Challenging yourself in new areas. That is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit rusty on the rhyming scene...

    ReplyDelete