Monday, May 16, 2011

Waking

Imagine waking up to a slight breeze, swaying the trees back and forth. A thin fog drifts gently around you, a newly risen sun breaking through the trees and placing spots in random patterns on the forest floor. Mornings are my favorite times, especially if I can see dawn break over mountains, there is something mystical about it, something that tells me life could not be coincidence. I can't ask for reason then, its impossible for me to beg for answers, because I know it will be okay, no matter what I experience on this earth, I can expect something better, and I know God has a plan for me then.

It is the waking hour of day that so modestly compels action, knowing you have something to get done. Even when there aren't any plans, just as long as you do something. Rise and shine, greet the new day. Because its what you do today that matters, so lets make the best of it. That does not mean that I don't like or enjoy sleep, I enjoy it very much, but when the dawn breaks, it is time for waking and preparing for the day. However we all need sleep, its important for our body to recharge itself. Kind of like a battery. Acid and all, though your stomach acid isn't quite as powerful as battery acid. Though that is a whole different category of things. Moving on to bigger and better things.

In the few experiences I have had, the ones I've had sleeping next to a woman is the best sleep I've ever had. There is something about having a woman next to you that makes everything a little more comfortable. Even when they push you off the bed. There is always the bonus of waking up and seeing her there next to you, its indescribable, at least for me. That's why I don't think I could actually pick up a random woman from a random club or bar, because when I wake up, I want to wake up next to someone I know, someone I won't want to run away from at the first opportunity. I'm not like many of the guys here, I can't make myself just pick up a woman. I'm a personal guy, I want to know you, listen to you, and be with you.

I appreciate the guys trying to get me hooked up, but I can't do it the way they do it, it's against my very nature. Introvert, that is what I am, and that makes it important for me to trust you before things get personal. That means I'm not going to push myself out there for everyone to see, I'll be there, for the one that realizes there is more to life than sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Until then, I'll stand by, watching sadly as I witness people wasting their lives on one night stands and unfounded relationships.

4 comments:

  1. i have to say once again your work is intoxicating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the first and only person to call it such, and I must say, its... uplifting =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, that means a lot to me =]

    ReplyDelete