Monday, August 22, 2011

The Shining City in Our Minds

What use are memories if you have none? You can try and force them in, but what can you do when you realize that the part of the brain has blocked off memories? What good does showing things that don't spark memories? I personally find it more important to forge new memories with what we have now, and not worry about what happened before. Lets build on the foundation we have, rather than try and rework it.

I remember good times and bad, but it isn't always that easy for some people. Given the chance I feel it is better to make good memories with them, than worry over the memories they have. So that is what I will do, because I imagine a better life that way rather than forcing memories and when they don't remember, feel bad because they don't remember. I'm no genius, and anything I say I must be held accountable for, otherwise they are just words without meaning. I have meaning, and reasons for the words I write and the voice I use. At first it was for the purpose of publishing my thoughts and ideas, now it is because it makes a difference.

I know not how many people have actually read all of my posts here, but I know that one in particular shocked and surprised me with what she thought, and how it made her feel. I found my purpose in her words, and understood my meaning. All in all nothing prepared me for the proverbial tornado that would sweep my world away. I remain, not because I have to, but because I want to, because I understand myself, and have realized what I could be.

I turned my gaze, and as I did so, found myself face to face with the one thing I never imagined I would have. I do not know if anyone who reads this truly knows what it is like to feel that fear, the fear that there is nothing in this world that understands. I found someone who understands, and I don't think I can ever let go. There is always a catch however, and the catch here is that I don't know how long it will take, or how far I will have to go. It isn't that I'm not willing, it is that I know not what to expect, and with that comes trepidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment